Saturday, December 17, 2011

HOME.

Home. 
home-home. 
really home!!!

this place where I grew up. 

this place that welcomes me with open arms, hearts....and refrigerators...
who's love I welcome, with open arms, heart...and stomach...

this place where I'm never singing alone...
where the harmony is always perfectly in key...
and the guitar always sounds beautiful...
along with the piano...

the place where "cheese" can really mean almost anything...
and "peach pit" is a term of endearment...

the place where everyone knows every quote that everyone else says...
and by 'everyone else' I mean my dad...
and 'everyone' usually excludes my mom...
but 'every' really means 'every'...

this place where we sometimes cry over spilled milk...
because no one's perfect...
and I can't even say that it always get's cleaned up either...
because that's kind of what cat's are for...

this place where sometimes no one mows the lawn... 
nor rakes the leaves...unless it's into one BIG pile
nor shovels the snow...
but that's ok too...
because the cats stalking through that long grass...
the epic jumps and flips into that giant leaf pile...
and those snow angels (but mostly snow ball fights)...
are worth more than just a pretty lawn...


this place where something's always broken...
but where there's always a quick-fix...
apparently because we're Norwegian?

the place where not a soul is awake at 10 on a Saturday morning...
but evidently a casual pan of bacon can revive almost anyone...



this place where people freak out sometimes...
but where people laugh out loud most of the time...

the place where people just aren't allowed to use big pans...
because they'll just make bigger messes...

this place where the sound of my mom's laughter echoes off the walls...
the best sound in the world...

the place where I learned how to listen...
and how to interrupt...effectively...

the place where I learned to try new things...
and how to stick to the old things...


the place where I've fallen down so many times...
and where I've been picked back up again...

the place where I've learned things...
the place where I've taught things...

the place where I learned how to be myself...
because being anyone else wouldn't be nearly as great...or easy...

the place where I was urged to be creative...
where now, my creativity hangs on it's walls...

the place where I can come to for help...
with the people I know how to help the best...

the place that frustrates me the most...
the same place that loves me the most...

the place who's walls I helped to knock down...
and who's walls I helped to build up...


the place where sometimes minds are spoken, even when they shouldn't be...
where sometimes ideas are shot down, slightly insensitively...
where sometimes people are angered, with a just cause...of course...
but a place where everyone is loved...
and when it comes down to it...
love is really the only thing that matters...