Friday, April 26, 2013

...As I was saying.

I ended the last post saying that we waited...
If you didn't read it, GO BACK!
Read THAT one, then THIS one....
and if you want some pretty pictures, check out this blog post :)

At this point, it was probably November or December, during which months, lots of other really cute things happened, and you probably want to know all of them, but I kinda wanna finish this story before I turn 34..... moving on.

December 2011 rolled around.  I had been planning on going to a conference, and Taylor was going to go also, with his cousin Jordan, and it was going to be awesome.  Those plans were cancelled because of my parents' fear of the possible creepy nature of a certain person who's name starts with a T.... 
{sorry for the ambiguity.  I'm just trying to preserve identities here.}
{HAH.}

So instead of seeing him after Christmas, 3 months after I met him...I got a huge package in the mail for Christmas.  It had a huge queen sized green fuzzy blanket {currently covering my bed}, a box of chocolate and macadamia nut delights from Hawaii, and a sweet little letter.  


Now, according to some he shouldn't have sent me a package.... but HEY!!! I would never turn down presents... and besides. I liked him too :)

January 5th was his birthday, so I compiled a small box of happy things for him to enjoy!! The thing I spent the most time on, was a little "Light Jar" that Taylor now keeps on his desk at work, that contains about 25 tiny handmade envelopes with little bible verses written on paper inside of them.  They were the cutest things ever!!!! He loved it!

We continued talking to each other, liking each other, skyping and praying with each other, and just getting to know each other for that whole year.  We studied together, read our bibles together, ate food together, laughed together, cried together {ok.. lies. I cried, he comforted}, talked on the phone til all hours of the night, shared what God was teaching us, sent bible verses, and just LIVED the same way we always had!!!! Except not.  Because we knew each other.  We were in each other's lives, and we knew it was not a coincidence, it was different...

On Valentines Day he sent me a package with a few gifts in it {earrings, bracelet, scarf, his sweatshirt sprayed with cologne....ya know...no big deal}

You betchya bottom dollar I said yes!!!!!

Continuing on in this love saga...
We worked hard, played hard, prayed hard, and studied hard together on skype! Finals came and went,  I decided to become a camp counselor that summer, and I turned 20!  I also got a birthday package and letter from this amazing man who was just completely showering me with affection!!


That summer came with lots of trials, blessings, lessons, friends, laughter, tears, and overall growing in God.  Me being a counselor meant that it would be at least the whole summer before Taylor and I finally met in person.  Taylor was supportive and dedicated and very loving last summer.  He was always there to listen to and soothe my sorrows and troubles, and he was always there to rejoice in my happy times!!! He prayed with me, prayed FOR me, turned me towards the Lord when I was turning elsewhere, and sent me countless bible verses exactly when I needed them... He was my stability!!

He was the calm ferris wheel to my roller coaster :)

Then towards the end of the summer I got an invitation to his friends' wedding.
I was actually invited!!! and I couldn't just turn them down now, could I??

Love,