Saturday, August 14, 2010

Beyond our world

Last night, after a long day mostly spent just curled up on my bed taking random naps because I didn't feel good, we went stargazing.  Me, Dan, and two of his friends walked down to the beach, where there isn't much light, pulled up a couple lounge chairs, and just watched the stars.  

The expanse of the sky that we could see, because half was obscured by trees, was phenomenal, breathtaking, awe-inspiring, and just plain scary.

To think that the sky that we were seeing at that moment, filled with stars, was all chosen, designed, created by my God.  MY God!!!!
Psalm 147:4
 4 He determines the number of the stars
       and calls them each by name
.
He is so awesome, so powerful, so WORTHY of everything we can give to him, but he deserves so much more!!!! I mean seriously. We are so pathetic.  Our love for him, and for other people (family, friends, boyfriends, husbands) cannot even compare to His love for  us.  

And when I say it can't compare, I literally mean it's the difference between a raindrop and the ocean; a blade of grass versus rolling hills in the countryside; a grain of sand compared to a beach.  Literally, incomparable.  
Maybe if our love was perfect, pure, and constant, maybe, maybe then we could begin to try to compare it to God's love for us (...highly unlikely) but it's not! It's nowhere near perfect!  I don't even know how many times a week I am sitting in my room, doing something quietly, and I realize that I am totally ignoring God.  He's always there waiting for me, and I ignore him so frequently.  But His mercy DOES indeed endure forever, so I know I'm covered, even when I screw up big time.  I LOVE GOD!!!!!

hope the weekend's going well :)
love always <3

No comments:

Post a Comment