Sunday, August 22, 2010

Two Worlds, One Family

And so, armed with tissues, halls cough drops, cough syrup,and some more tissues, I leave today for Bible School.  Yes, that's right.  I'm sick.  But not just like I-have-a-little-cough-so-I'm-pretending-to-make-it-sound-worse-so-people-will-pity-me sick, but it's my-throat-kills-my-freakin'-nose-wont-stop-running-I-woke-up-a-gazillion-and-one-times-last-night-because-my-whole-body-aches sick.  It sucks.  


But instead of staying home, tucked up in my warm comforter, and eating the food that my mom makes for me, I'm leaving home.  I'm going off to school today, and I'm miserable.  


Yesterday when I was finishing packing, I was listening to Disney, (Disney makes everyone feel better, whether they admit it or not) and of course I have like... songs from EVERY single Disney movie, including Tarzan (which also happens to have some of my favorites) and the song "Two Worlds, One Family" came on. 
(For those of you that don't know, Tarzan grew up with a family of gorillas, but then met a beautiful English girl, and fell in love, therefore, the two worlds)


Here are some of the lyrics.  The unrelated parts are replaced by ellipses (...)
I like this picture a lot. It's kind of cool, the
ocean seems to never end, as if it goes on
forever.

Put your faith in what you most believe in
Two worlds, one family
Trust your heart
Let fate decide
To guide these lives we see
...
...
...
Raise your head up
Lift high the load
Take strength from those that need you
Build high the walls
Build strong the beams
A new life is waiting
But danger's no stranger here

No words describe a mother's tears
No words can heal a broken heart
A dream is gone, but where there's hope

Somewhere something is calling for you
Two worlds, one family
Trust your heart
Let fate decide
To guide these lives we see

I just thought that was interesting.  (But I would switch "fate" for God, because I don't believe in fate.... now that's a conversation for another time)
Here I go people.  It's all over now, and it's all beginning again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment