Thursday, November 24, 2011

turquoise....turkey....


This was supposed to be posted a couple days ago...so what?
I don't even remember what I did that day, but whatever it was included ruffles, turquoise, and fuzzy socks!!!





Sweater: Charlotte Russe...a couple years ago
Necklace: Forever 21 this summer
Top: Banana Republic
Jeans: Target?
Earrings: No idea.

and NOW, on this early morning of thanksgiving... the first thanksgiving meal that my mother has ever cooked by herself, (with my help of course) we are beginning the cooking.

After watching my mom procrastinate for about 3 hours, and whine about being "so tired", I decided to take control of the situation, and get stuff done.  
Mashed the potatoes
Cleaned the dishes
Put away the food from dinner
Then poked, prodded, and motivated my mom til she finally put on her apron with a hearty "look out Mr. Turkey!"
Picked up the 18 pound turkey
put it in the sink
grabbed the scissors
started snipping the packaging away
til i heard silence, and a "how the heck..... what do i do now?"
then just 5 seconds ago... "oh there are the gizzards!!! ....they're in the other end.."
....Happy Thanksgiving everyone.


Love,